Job Type: Full time
Experience: 3+ years
240 Duncan Mill Road, Suite #405
North York, Ontario
M3B 3S6, Canada
At NeuronicWorks we provide hardware, software and system design services to customers planning to have a reliable product and looking for a cost-effective design. We offer complete project design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
To perform this role successfully, the Firmware Designer will be responsible for, however not limited to, the following:
Summary: Design & development of firmware design support for a variety of new products.
- Skilled in C/C++ and Assembly Languages;
- Skilled in the use of a variety of firmware development and debugging tools (CCS, IAR, Keil, MPLAB etc.);
- Knowledge of Real-Time Firmware Architectures, Bare-metal device driver implementation
- Knowledge of Real-Time-Operating-Systems (RTOS) for Embedded Processors
- Experience with embedded Linux device driver is a bonus
- Knowledge of 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers applied in embedded design;
- Experienced with RS232/I2C/SPI/I2S/USB and Ethernet communication protocols;
- Familiarity with wireless technology (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, NFC);
- Knowledge of ADCs, DACs, and sensors (i.e. IMU, temperature, humidity sensors etc.) is important plus;
- Understanding of software development life cycle, software documentation, issue tracking and unit testing
- Knowledge in control systems, machine learning is an asset
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills;
- Capable to read electronic schematics and PCB layouts
- S.E.E. degree required; MSEE is an asset
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years of related design work experience; completion of Electrical Engineering from an accredited Canadian University with an avg of 3.4 or higher OR Masters in Electrical Engineering.
- Self-starter and a team player in a diversified and dynamic and fast paced product development environment;
- Energetic, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment;
- Detail oriented with respect to quality and accuracy;
- Capable of working independently, while being a collaborative member of the team;
- Takes initiative to complete tasks in progress and seek creative solutions;
- Problem solving and resourcefulness;
- Uncompromising commitment to confidentiality.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.