Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Experience: 3-5 years
240 Duncan Mill Road, Suite #405
North York, Ontario
M3B 3S6, Canada
At NeuronicWorks we provide hardware, software, mechanical and product design services to clients looking to achieve short time to market with a winning product the most cost effective way. We offer complete product design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Hardware Design Specialist to develop key client projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Customer requirement analysis.
- Writing requirement documents.
- System design.
- Presentation of design alternatives to the project team and to the client.
- Detailed analog and digital circuit design.
- Electronic components selection.
- Schematic capture.
- PCB layout.
- Writing board test requirements.
- Board bring up.
- Board testing.
- HW, FW and SW integration support.
- Interfacing with suppliers, board layout designers, board manufacturing and board population houses.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in designing hardware for medical devices and supporting certification to IEC 60601 and other medical standards.
- Expert level of knowledge in using tools for schematic capture: OrCAD, Altium Designer.
- Excellent level of knowledge in using tools for PCB layout design: PADS, Altium Designer.
- Practical experience from board bring up through hardware debug and testing.
- Excellent practical skills, including being able to work in a lab environment.
- Experience in one of the following fields is an advantage: instrumentation, industrial control and/or consumer applications.
- Experience with various types of sensors: image/video, acceleration/motion, infrared, proximity, temperature.
- Experience with various data communication standards and protocols: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, ZigBee, 802.15.4, USB 2.0/3.0/3.1/3.2, RS232/422/485, I2C, CAN, SDIO, 1-Wire, Modbus, Camera Link, PCI-e.
- Permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
- Commitment to complete design work on time and at a high level of quality.
- Critical thinker, innovative and striving to constantly improve.
- Focused on finding solutions and delivering value to clients.
- Openness to talk about challenges and receive guidance and advice.
- Readiness to help and support the team with any task.
- Ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment.
- Good level of organization and time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Uncompromised commitment to confidentiality.
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.