Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Experience: 5+ years
240 Duncan Mill Road, Suite #405
North York, Ontario
M3B 3S6, Canada
At NeuronicWorks we provide hardware, software and system design services to customers planning to have a reliable product and looking for a cost-effective design. We offer complete project design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
To perform this role successfully, the Hardware Designer will be responsible for, however not limited to, the following:
- Customer requirements analysis;
- Write HW requirements;
- System design;
- Detailed analog and digital circuitry design;
- Electronic components selection;
- Schematic capture;
- Write layout requirements;
- Supervise the layout process;
- Board bring up;
- Write board test requirements;
- Board testing;
- HW, FW and SW integration support; and
- Interface with suppliers, board layout designers, board manufacturing and board population houses.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience in some of electronic fields: instrumentation, industrial control and consumer applications;
- Practical experience from board bring up through board debugging and testing;
- Excellent practical skills, able to work in a laboratory environment;
- Experience with various types of sensors: accelerometers, video, infrared, proximity, temperature;
- Experience with various data communication standards and protocols: ZigBee, 802.15.4, USB, RS232/422/485, I2C, CAN, 1-Wire, modBUS, CameraLink, cPCI/PCIe;
- Excellent knowledge of OrCAD schematic capture;
- Experience with Altium Designer is a plus
- Knowledge of PADS PowerLogic is a plus;
- The ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment;
- High level of organization and time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks;
- Detail oriented with respect to quality and accuracy;
- Capable of working independently, while being a collaborative member of the team;
- Takes initiative to complete tasks in progress and seek creative solutions;
- Problem solving and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Uncompromising commitment to confidentiality.
- 5-10 years of experience in analysis, design, test, and debug both analog and digital electronics;
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- $TBD (based on experience)
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.