Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Experience: 5+ years
210 Lesmill Road
North York, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada
At NeuronicWorks we provide hardware, firmware, software, mechanical and overall product design services to clients looking to achieve short time to market with a winning product in the most cost-effective way. We offer complete product design and prototyping services, from concept to detailed design, building state-of-the-art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality designs with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Hardware Designer to develop key client projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysis of customer technical requirements
- Detailed mixed-signal circuit design using a variety of CAD software
- Component selection with consideration for cost, performance and market availability
- Schematic capture
- PCB layout
- Board bring-up efforts and test plan execution
- Hands on debugging, troubleshooting, issue identification and solution implementation
- Integration support for HW, FW and SW teams
- Interfacing with customers, suppliers, board layout designers, board manufacturing and board population houses
- Five (5) years’ minimum of direct hardware design experience
- Excellent proficiency in Altium Designer or OrCAD for schematic capture
- Strong proficiency in Altium Designer, PADS or Allegro for PCB layout
- Practical experience in board bring up, hardware debugging and testing
- Excellent hands-on skills, including soldering, rework and solution improvisation
- Quick learner, able to ramp up and implement new technologies rapidly
- Experience with various types of sensors: image/video, acceleration/motion, infrared, proximity, temperature, etc.
- Experience with various data communication standards and protocols: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, Zigbee, 802.15.4, USB 2.0/3.0/3.1/3.2, RS-232/422/485, SPI, I2C, CAN, SDIO, 1-Wire, Modbus, Camera Link, PCIe, etc.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Commitment to completing high-quality design work on schedule
- Critical thinker, innovative and striving to constantly improve
- Focused on finding solutions and delivering value to clients
- Openness to talk about challenges and receive guidance and advice
- Readiness to help and support the team with any task
- Ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment
- Good level of organization and time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks
- Uncompromised commitment to confidentiality
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies, please.