Job Type: Full time
Experience: 3+ years
210 Lesmill Road
North York, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada
At NeuronicWorks, we provide hardware, software and system design services to customers planning to have a reliable product and looking for a cost-effective design. We offer complete project design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
To perform this role successfully, the Intermediate Firmware Designer will be responsible for, however not limited to, the following:
- Design and development of embedded software / firmware for a variety of new electronic products.
- Preparation of design documents.
- Presentation of design alternatives to the project team and to the client.
- Work in a team environment with HW and other project engineers and coordinate design and implementation work.
- Perform unit testing and integration testing.
- Support board bring-up and QC.
- 3+ years of experience in Embedded Firmware development.
- Skilled in C/C++ and Assembly Languages
- Skilled in the use of a variety of firmware development and debugging tools (CCS, IAR, Keil, MPLAB, etc.)
- Knowledge of Real-Time Firmware Architectures, Bare-metal device driver implementation
- Knowledge of Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for Embedded Processors
- Experience with embedded Linux device drivers and device tree update is a bonus
- Knowledge of 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers applied in embedded design
- Experience with RS232/I2C/SPI/USB and TCP/IP communication protocols
- Familiarity with wireless technology (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.)
- Knowledge of ADCs, DACs, and sensors (IMU, temperature, humidity sensors, etc.) is an important plus
- Understanding of software development life cycle, software documentation and unit testing
- Knowledge in control systems is an asset
- Knowledge in machine learning is an asset
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Capable to read electronic schematics and PCB layouts
- Familiarity in using source control (e.g. Git) and issue tracker software (e.g. JIRA)
- Commitment to complete design work on time and at a high level of quality.
- Critical thinker, innovative and striving to constantly improve.
- Focused on finding solutions and delivering value to clients.
- Openness to talk about challenges and receive guidance and advice.
- Readiness to help and support the team with any task.
- Ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment.
- Good level of organization and time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Uncompromised commitment to confidentiality.
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or Computer Science, or similar
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, close to major highways easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies, please.