Job Type: Full time
Experience: 5+ years
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring consistently high quality of our engineering deliverables through planning and execution of testing.
The successful candidate must exhibit strong quality standards, attention to detail, strong knowledge of testing techniques, and clear vision of how to effectively test hardware firmware, software and integrations environment
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Create test cases for complex systems that include: custom hardware, firmware, software, mobile apps and cloud applications
- Conduct in-depth functional and performance testing for a designed prototype based on technical and business specifications.
- Identifying any defects, clearly and concisely document the issues such that they can be reproduced and resolved by the engineering teams.
- Determining any functionality that the applications must support and suggest changes.
- Knowledge about hardware testing (measure current, voltage, and resistance) and PCB handling.
- White box testing is an ASSET.
- Excellent attention to details with respect to quality and accuracy Be very well organized and able to multitask
- 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance or Software Development Excellent knowledge of Networking and operating systems.
- A University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or college graduate from a similar program.
- Knowledge in Operating Systems: Windows 10, Linux platforms
- Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in group settings
- Ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment
- Initiative to complete tasks in progress and seek creative solutions
- Problem solving and resourcefulness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with our product and development teams
- Uncompromised Commitment to confidentiality
- NICE TO HAVE: Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL databases Experience with bug tracking systems (Jira or other)
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.