Job Type: Full time
Experience: 3+ years
210 Lesmill Road
North York, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada
At NeuronicWorks, we provide hardware, software and system design services to customers planning to have a reliable product and looking for a cost-effective design. We offer complete project design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
To perform this role successfully, the SMT and Electronics Assembly Process Engineer will be responsible for, however not limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead SMT and TH assembly processes and procedures in the following areas: Quality, Process, Manufacturing, Testing, Maintenance
- Test, validate and implement cutting-edge SMT assembly processes (PoP, CoB, mBGA, Ridge-flex, HD assemblies)
- Review electronic designs together with the design engineering team
- Release SMT and TH documentation for manufacturing
- Prepare and review ECNs and related documentation
- Responsible for release orders and communication with PCB, electronic components and process consumables suppliers
- Lead and operate SMT and TH prototype, pilot and production runs
- Be a company expert in all SMT and TH related issues
- Establish an SMT and electronics assembly manufacturing team
- Execute Road Map for SMT and Electronics Assembly department development
- Select, install, operate, and train on the SMT and TH assembly equipment
- Strong learning and continues improvement mindset
- Reliable and responsible with strong leadership attributes
- Dynamic, proactive, detail oriented, attentive to others
- Coaching and instructional skills
- Strong knowledge in SMT programming, process development and equipment maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of production standard IPC610/JSTD-001
- Familiarity with most PCB design and layout tools, Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, Eagle PCB, Valor, CAM350
- Capacity to develop electronic assembly and SMT related processes from ground up (including DFM, BOMs, Design Reviews, SPC, costing, quality and process procedures, work instructions, KPIs)
- Working knowledge of SMT programing and process: SMT Jet or stencil printing, Pick and Place equipment programming, SMT reflow oven profiling.
- Strong problem-solving ability (outline problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions).
- Extended knowledge of industry accepted manufacturing, quality, and technical standards (IPC, JIT, Lean etc.)
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, industrial, or electrical engineering or a manufacturing engineering discipline
- 3- 5 years of experience in SMT and TH manufacturing process engineering
- Formal IPC, LEAN, Six Sigma, and other industry related trainings is an asset.
- Commitment to complete design work on time and at a high level of quality.
- Critical thinker, innovative and striving to constantly improve.
- Focused on finding solutions and delivering value to clients.
- Openness to talk about challenges and receive guidance and advice.
- Readiness to help and support the team with any task.
- Ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment.
- Good level of organization and time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Uncompromised commitment to confidentiality.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career. Our office is conveniently located in North York, close to major highways easily accessible by public transit.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies, please.