Job Type: Full time
210 Lesmill Road
North York, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada
At NeuronicWorks, we provide hardware, software and system design services to customers planning to have a reliable product and looking for a cost-effective design. We offer complete project design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
What we are looking for
A motivated and versatile software developer focused on web applications development. You will be working on web applications for both Linux and Windows platforms. Our projects are often full stack, building front ends based on UI/UX designs and interfacing in the back end with third party services and databases.
We need someone who is open to explore, learn and try new technologies. Our cloud platform of choice is AWS (Amazon Web Services), sometimes projects require other vendors, like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud. Experience with a variety of frameworks, SQL and relational databases, RESTful APIs, and communication protocols like MQTT are all skills we are looking for.
To perform this role successfully, the Web App Developer will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Development of web applications for Linux and Windows servers
- Development of front-end interfaces, back-end services, cloud solutions, database management
- Design and develop software according to functional and technical design specifications, recognize potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them
- Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies
- Test software and applications, identifying technical problems, troubleshooting, fixing defects
- Other tasks as required to support project goals and business activities
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with cloud computing services (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
- Experience designing and working with RESTful APIs
- Experience in SQL and databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Knowledge of working with WordPress and its plug-ins
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- Knowledge of security best practices in web application development
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling capabilities (JIRA, GitLab), deployment, and configuration management
The ideal candidate has the courage to think critically, to innovate and improve. We are looking for someone able to work independently, focused on finding solutions and deliver value to clients.
You must be legally allowed to work in Canada and located in the Greater Toronto Area. Our office is conveniently located in North York, easily accessible by public transit.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies, please.